4 Reasons Why You Should Work for a Good Company
Do you go to work every morning wishing you didn’t have to? Do you get to work and the office morale is dull? Do you watch the clock, counting down the minutes until you can leave? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should be asking yourself if you work for a good company.
What does a good company do?
• Sends gifts around Christmas time.
• Holds corporate-wide events, like Christmas parties and summer-time picnics.
• Achieves solid financial growth year after year.
• Gives out annual bonuses, even if they aren’t that much.
• Is lenient about lunch breaks and work hours.
• Encourages team-building.
• Has a solid goal setting/employee review system.
• Provides benefits other than the standard health/vision/dental benefits, like employee discounts.
• Recognizes achievements, like anniversary celebrations every month.
Why should you work for a good company?
1. Increased morale. A good company creates a fun, relaxed, yet professional work environment. Employees enjoy coming to work and are more likely to encourage others to enjoy coming to work.
2. Increased productivity. When office morale is high, there is a tendency for employees to be more productive. High morale may not encourage employees to work longer or harder, but more efficient.
3. Pride. People who work for good companies like to brag about their company. A good company also makes the employee feel like they are a part of the team, or “family,” and the company makes it clear that they wouldn’t be successful if it wasn’t for YOU. When a company does this, the employee feels an emotional obligation to help the company achieve its goals.
4. Job satisfaction. Satisfied employees are more likely to stay with the company longer than others. Job satisfaction also relates to productivity, as satisfied employees tend to be more productive.
These are the reasons why you should work for a good company. Working for a good company makes you a better employee and can help you truly enjoy and advance your career.
Now I’d like to ask my readers a few questions. Do you work for a good company? Are there any other things a good company does? What are some other reasons why you should work for a good company? Share your thoughts below!